Companies Act 2014 (The “Act”) – Directors’ Statutory Duty To Adopt A New Constitution
In accordance with Section 60 of the Companies Act 2014 Directors of an existing private company have a duty;
- to prepare a new constitution for the company in the form provided for in the Act;
- to deliver a copy of such constitution to each member; and
- to deliver, in the prescribed form, the constitution to the CRO for registration.
These duties apply unless
- The members have already adopted a constitution (i.e. converted);
- The company is required to re-register as a DAC or is in the process of re-registering as a DAC; or
- The company is in the process of re-registering as another type of company
If you are a Director of a company which does not comply with the requirements of Section 60, you will be in breach of a statutory duty in your capacity as Company Director.
If you would like assistance preparing and filing a new constitution with the CRO please call Anna or Bernadette on +353 (0)91 704818.