Easing the Burden – The Benefits of Using an External Company Secretarial Service Provider
The role of Company Secretary is a wide ranging one which can, at times, be complex. Directors of a company have a statutory duty to ensure that the person appointed as Secretary has the skills or resources necessary to discharge his or her statutory and other duties.
There are many benefits of having a dedicated in-house Company Secretary, but for many Companies this is not a feasible option and the role of Company Secretary is often added to the burden of a senior executive. If this scenario sounds familiar perhaps you should consider the benefits of using an external company secretarial service provider, such as FCS Services, either as the named Company Secretary or to provide assistance to the named Company Secretary.
As an external company secretarial providers, FCS Services can offer a tailored service to meet the needs of your organisation, large or small, on a continuous or ad hoc basis. We can assist with putting governance structures in place, ensure compliance requirements and deadlines are met and ease the burden on Companies and senior executives.
The functions that can be carried out by such an external company secretarial service are wide and varied and we pride ourselves on being able to provide a service specific to each company’s requirements. The more standard services, however generally include the following;
- Preparation and filing of Annual Returns;
- Preparation and filing of statutory forms relating to changes in your company, e.g. appointment of Director, Company Name Change, and Adoption/Amendment of Constitution (Memorandum & Articles);
- Maintenance of statutory registers;
- Due diligence and writing up of Statutory Registers;
- Preparation of AGM/EGM documents;
- Assisting the Board and its committees. This can be a simple as scheduling, attending and taking minutes at Board and Committee meetings, or more extensive, such as the preparation or review of Board and Committee Terms of Reference, setting up Annual Schedules of Topics, assistance with the preparation of Board packs, and managing and overseeing actions and matters arising; and
- Providing guidance on general corporate governance matters.
If you feel your Company could benefit from the services of experienced qualified company secretaries why not give us a call on 00353 (0) 91 704818.